Blackened Shrimp over Angel Hair Pasta
1 ½ tablespoon Strictly Pepper
½ teaspoon Thyme
1 tablespoon Oregano
2 tablespoons Butter
¾ pound Mushrooms, cleaned and cut in 3
2 Green Onions, chopped
1 ½ pounds Fresh Shrimp, shelled and deveined
1/3 cup Shrimp Stock (see below)
2 tablespoons Beuree Manié (see below)
2 cups Water
· Pour water into saucepan. Add shells from shrimp and season with Santa Maria Seasoning. Boil 15 minutes. Strain liquid.
5 tablespoons Butter (softened)
· Blend butter with flour to make Beuree Manié and set aside.
· Grind Garlic, Thyme and Oregano together in mortar.
· Heat Butter in pan over medium heat. Add spice mixture, Strictly Pepper and cook 1 minute.
· Add Mushrooms and Green Onions. Season with Santa Maria Seasoning, stir and cook 4 minutes.
· Add Shrimp and cook 3 minutes. Stir once during cooking. Remove Shrimp from pan and set aside.
· Increase heat to high and pour in Shrimp Stock. Bring to boil and cook 2 minutes. Whisk in Beuree Manié.
· Return Shrimp to pan and cook 1 minute over low heat. Serve over Angel Hair Pasta.