Summer is just around the corner and it's time to dust off that barbeque!
Here are some tips for successful grilling-
The Four Keys to Successful Barbecuing
- Good preparation of the equipment and appropriate utensils
- Good marinades/seasoning - Scott's Food Products!!!!!.
- Good cooking - not burned or undercooked.
- Good accompaniments - salads, dressings, sauces, veggies.
Recommendations and Warnings
- Open the barbecue lid before starting the gas to avoid gas build-up
- Never use the barbecue inside or in a confined space without adequate ventilation.
- Always keep water on hand in case of fire.
- Propane tanks must always be kept upright even when stored.
- When storing the barbecue at the end of the season, leave the propane tank outdoors because of the risk of explosion.
- Never start a charcoal barbecue with fuel or paraffin.
- Clean the barbecue grill after each use with a metallic brush to remove any food that may have stuck during cooking. Cleaning avoids the risk of contamination.
- Keep the meat in the refrigerator until time to cook it.
- Preheat grills for about ten minutes and oil them lightly to avoid food sticking to them.
- Place the grill as far as possible from the heat source to avoid flaming. Before cooking the food on a charcoal barbecue, wait until the briquettes are white hot.
- Degrease your meats and drain well to avoid splattering.