Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March is Caribbean Month!

The weather is starting to warm up again, or at least for a few days, and it's time to get back outside and start grilling!  Summer will be here before we know it and to get us all in the mood, we here at Scott's Food Products have designated March to be Caribbean Month!  So what exactly does this mean for you?  Allow me to explain :)

For the rest of March, we will be featuring - drumroll please!- no, no, not a drumstick, drumroll!  oy...

And the nominees are:

Lemon Pepper
Teriyaki Sesame
Jezebel Spice
Strictly Pepper

The deal is you can get $0.50 off your purchase when you buy 2 of the above mentioned items!  Woo hoo!! 

And now, to entice you just a wee bit more, here are some wonderful Caribbean inspired ideas to go along with these items.  I'm not a huge fan of recipes, but I am a fan of suggestions!  So please, take my suggestions, and make them your own!

How about trying out Lyrica's Jambalaya with Jezebel spice?  She is our Sales Executive here, and she is an excellent cook!  By seasoning your chicken or shrimp with Jezebel Spice before making your Jambalaya, you will add an extra little kick and a lot of flavor to this great meal!

Or what about some Sweet Teriyaki Fish with our Teriyaki Sesame and your choice of fish! And speaking of fish, maybe try a little Lemon Pepper red snapper? 

Alright, my last suggestion for the day would be Pepper Shrimp with Strictly Pepper.  Really, it is the best pepper blend in the world!  What better to make a pepper shrimp recipe with than Strictly Pepper?  You won't necessarily have to use as much pepper, since ours packs a punch!  However, you may discover how much more you like pepper because of it, and then you may use just as much because it is just sooo good!

I really wish I was sitting on the beach drinking something with a cute little umbrella in it and eating one of these little ideas I just wrote about!  It sounds like a perfect day to me!  Soon Cristina, soon... At least, that is what I am going to tell myself!!!  If you make it to a tropical island before me, and honestly, you probably will, send me a vacation picture to make me jealous!  Ooh, even better, make one of these dishes with the items you buy during this promotion and send me a picture of that dish in paradise!  It will be like the Travelocity gnome, except it will be the traveling jar of Scott's Food Products! 

Aaaah, paradise!

Expires 5/31/10

No comments: