Wednesday, February 3, 2010

For your Valentine!

It's that lovey dovey time of year again! Valentine's Day is upon us, or at least that is what all of the stores are telling us. While I hope plans are starting to be made, such as making reservations for the biggest restaurant night of the year (hint hint don't wait until the last minute because reservations fill up fast and then you will get angry because they don't have room for you!), I know many of you are procrastinators, such as myself. Well, luckily for you, I have a plan to save you from late planning!!!  And yes, I am absolutely talking to you men, because I once heard that Valentine's Day is just another birthday for the girl, and it is so true, am I right ladies?  Ok, onwards with Plan B.

Let's just assume you don't make reservations in time. Plan B is now in full effect. What does Plan B entail? I'm so glad you asked! Plan B consists of making a delicious, romantic dinner at home. In times like these, we all need to save a little money anyways, and making your own dinner will save you soooo much money! You can create your own romantic ambiance (candles work wonders!) and your own retaurant style meal in the comfort of your own home! Just follow my lead and everything will go perfect! Ok, Plan B does involve a little bit of planning, but it will be worth it, I promise.

First, go to your local market. I highly recommend someone that is posted on our website under Locations, such as Bristol Farms, El Toro Meats, Hows, Sprouts, the list goes on for days, so I will stop there... This is to ensure you get everything you need. Gotta love one stop shopping. If you run into the problem that your local market doesn't carry Scott's Food Products, then go to our website, tell us who doesn't carry it so we can get them to carry it, and then order some product through our website!  See, you thought you had me there with that road block, but no, we can work around anything.  Hooray adaptation! 

Next, go to the meat counter. This is very important! You can only find our products in the meat department, and this is a very vital part of Plan B! I recommend you get filet mignon for your special meal. It is terribly romantic, and delicious! Next, make sure you buy some Bourdelaise Marinade. Keep an eye out for this awesome little card too while you are in the meat department:

Decide on some side dishes, and get items to go with that too. May I suggest mashed potatoes with Garlic Oil and asparagus? Delicious!  Grab a nice bottle of red wine on your way out, because red wine goes best with red meat, and don't forget some fresh flowers!  We all know they will make the little lady swoon!  Now, it is only February 3rd, so this gives you an entire week to sit on it, procrastinate, and then by the 10th, you really should get to the store.  That way you can marinate long enough for an incredible meal, that will end up looking something like, well, the picture on the card above! 

Ok, so now that I have figured it out for you, all you have to do is execute!  You can do it!  It will be awesome!  If you need anymore assistance, don't hesitate to talk to the guys behind the meat counter for tips on how to cook your meat.  Just like how I am an expert at sauces, seasonings, and marinades, they are experts at everything meat, from cutting it to preparing it!  They are very nice, I promise.  Alrighty, I will let you to your procrastinating now.  I hope I at least gave you some good ideas, or even inspiration!  Cheers to a good, romantic meal!


No comments: